Popular Posts

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thoughts About Fools



Thoughts About Fools


While drinking coffee and surfing the internet this morning, the incessant rantings of some posters made me think “what in the world is on their minds?” This is not a new occurrence for me of course; invariably it happens on a daily basis. Postings and other blogs have always been a matter of personal opinion, but still, when I read some of the things people have to say, it makes me wonder about their knowledge and intelligence.


I read their musings mostly as a bizarre form of entertainment, if you will, although there are some posts that are well thought out, researched, and presented in a palatable form. Those intelligent posts are far from the norm, however, and one often has to read through two or three pages of material to find even one. That doesn't really surprise me; idiocy and name calling are easy and quick to write; you don't have to go through all that work to put together a coherent post like the intelligent people.


With that in mind, I have assembled a short list here of things here that indicate whether you are a fool, or not. My listing here is just my opinion, of course, but I welcome any and all inspections and reviews, as I find these “truths” to be self-evident. If you wish to differ with me, that is your right, however short-sighted I find your argument to be. And so, without further ado, here is my list:


  1. Anyone who believes we are alone in the universe – is a fool.

  2. Anyone who thinks that global warming is not real – is a fool.

  3. Anyone who thinks that our Congress is not driven by money – is a fool.

  4. Anyone who believes that the majority is always right – is a fool.

  5. Anyone who thinks that “intelligent design” is a science – is a fool.

  6. Anyone who believes that blind patriotism is necessary – is a fool.

  7. Anyone who believes in the so-called “war on drugs” – is a fool.

  8. Anyone who thinks that prisons are more important than education – is a fool.

  9. Anyone who thinks the U. S. can fence itself off – is a fool.

  10. Anyone who believes that more guns are the answer to a safer society – is a fool.


There you go, just a short list of ten things that bother me as I read others blogs. There are more, to be sure, that I could bring to mind (I've just barely touched on politics and religion), but I'm sure I've included enough to start a good barroom brawl on Saturday night in most places. But hey, if you disagree with any of my points, that is your prerogative; go ahead and do it. Just remember, my father can whip your father...

No comments:

Post a Comment